Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fitness update - May 2013 - quasi back on track!

My arm injury is subsiding nicely, and my shin splints have backed off, once I gave them a few days without running or jump rope. It was nice just to come home and eat, or nap, or read, or simply "veg" for a few days. But now I'm trying to regain a little momentum, at least to shed some fat and focus more on bodyweight strength.

Monday, 13 May 2013 
24 min., 215 lbs.

3 min. - double end bag
3 min. - jump rope / power tower
[50 skips, then 3 dips, then 3 pullups; ~once per minute] 
3 min. - kb drills
[30 swings, 10/10 jerks, 10/10 high-pull-snatch] 
3 min. - speed bag 
REST 2 min., THEN REPEAT
[I also allowed enough time between exercises to remove or don gear and hydrate.]

Tuesday morning I took an NSAID to quell some minor aches in my right arm and medial shins. After work I took my wife to her last pre-natal exam before our son is born, came home, and then… NAPPED for 2+ hours.


Wednesday, 15 May 2013 
24 min., 215 lbs.

2 min. - double end bag
2 min. - jump rope / power tower
2 min. - speed bag
2 min. - kb drills
[30 swings, 10/10 snatch, 2/2 high pulls] 
REST 90 sec., THEN REPEAT x 2
[I also allowed enough time between exercises to remove or don gear and hydrate.]

No comments:

Post a Comment