Thursday, July 8, 2021

It's been a while...

last post here was in February 2019

since then I have maintained a basic level of fitness due to the physical demands of my job, but am otherwise extremely out of shape with abysmal pulmonary stamina

largely this is due to a general existential "funk" I've been in for a few years, but at bottom it was simply a choice of mine not to make time for systematic exercise

leaving aside the sporadic "bouts" of exercise I have had in the past few months (erg, walking, weights, beach play, etc.), I hope to resume blogging about the exercise I'm returning to

today I did a basic circuit using my Lifeline Jungle Gym straps and a 20 lb dumbell*

60° flye presses x 12
45° rows x 10
Hindu squats x 12
hanging curls x 12 @ 20 lb
[5 circuits]

*I used a 3:1 concentric:eccentric rate for all exercises except Hindu squats

No comments:

Post a Comment