Monday, March 7, 2011

Gym regimen - March 2011

TUESDAY 7.3.11
A1: Biceps and Quads: 50 mins, 97.5kg

WARMUP:
spin bike, squats, curls, stretching

CIRCUIT:
Squat: 12, 9, 6, 4 @ 92.5kg, 97.5kg, 102.5kg, 110kg
[I used a wider stance, with feet more splayed, based on the tips I got from this short but solid clip. I made sure to lift with my sacrum, from the hips, and I felt much stronger.]
Hyper-supinated dumbbell curls: 6/4, 8, 6 @ 17kg/20kg, 20kg, 22kg

CIRCUIT:
Walking lunges: 18, 16, 16 @ 15kg, 20kg, 25kg
[I held plates by the central ring with my last three digits on each hand in order to train my grip along with my quads. Killer work!]
Barbell curls: 10, 8, 6 @ 40kg, 42.5kg, 45kg

CIRCUIT:
Overhand EZ bar curls: 10, 8, 6 @ 37.5kg, 40kg, 42.5kg
Leg extensions: 12, 8, 9* @ 35kg, 40kg, 45kg
[A negative on 9th of 3rd.]

+ + +

Tonight was a great workout. I am determined to get all four A workouts in this week before the weekend.

In other news, I think I had a bodybuilding nightmare last night. I was showing my homemade KB to someone. It had 20kg on it, but I could never get my arms fully extended overhead. I kept saying, "Well, this is too heavy, I just worked out, this is too heavy, don't use this, but you get the idea." It was physical akrasia, I just could not will my arm to move all the way up.

This is due partially to the fact that I've been pondering "the free will debate" so much lately, but also perhaps just because I'm trying to reach a new plateau in my strength training.

Either way, when I woke up in the morning, my head was on my outstretched arm and when I flexed to push myself up, I felt a sharp pain in my tricep twice.

BELIEVE IT… OR NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment