Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fitness notes… again…

I suffered from a serious lack of motivation the past couple weeks. But I'm back on the ball.

Saturday I did mace drills &c.…

Standing curls: 8, 9, 12 @ 12kg
Tricep extensions: 8, 9, 12 @ 12kg
Butter churns: ~25–30 x 3 @ 12kg 
[Held the mace head-down and "churned butter" to work the biceps, delts, core, and pecs. Alternated hand positions every couple reps for more dynamic actuation.] 
One-arm bent rows: 10, 12, 15 @ 12kg 
2" db presses: 8, 10, 12 @ 21kg
Ab wheel: 16, 18, 20
Pushups: 30, 25, 30
Running: 30 min.

Something I really like about the mace, is that you can move your hands closer together (i.e. move outside "fulcrum" hand farther in from the bell), and thereby increase the relative weight.

Sunday I did running and grip training (separated by dinner)…

Running: 30 min.
[I found a stone about halfway through and have taken to jogging with it in hand, switching hands every couple minutes.] 
Grip:
Heavy 150: 10 closes
CoC #1.5: 10 closes
CoC #2: 3/2 reps, no closes
CoC #1.5: 10 closes

I had no doubts I have lost grip strength, but I shall simply get it back and persist.

The workout routine I want to try for now is this:

Day A: Running + Biceps and Back
Mace/db curls
Sling pullups
Mace shovel
Run

Day B: Running + Triceps and Chest
Tricep extensions
Chest expanders
Pushups
Ab wheel

Day C: Running + Shoulders and Core
Standing press
Shrugs
Butter churn
Ab wheel
Run

Day D: Running + Grip
Grip work
Run

10/26 will be Day A

No comments:

Post a Comment