Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fitness notes…

Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012
Grip training
30 min., 97kg


WARM UP:
• Flail: 30 sec. per hand per vector
• 1'' wrist roller: 2x @ 2.5kg
[Unless specifically noted, the number of reps (e.g. 2x) indicates how many times I did both a flexion-and-unravel and extension-and-unravel exertion. So, 1x means I extended the weight up and unraveled, and then flesed it up and unraveled it (or vice versa).]
• Gut wrench: 60x @ 11kg
[Unless otherwise noted, gut wrench reps are just (semi-)standing “Russian twists”.]
• Hula hoop: 4 min.

GRIP TRAINING:
Heavy 150: 8 reps l.h (5 closes), 8 closes r.h.

CoC #1.5: 6 reps l.h. (3 closes), 6 closes r.h.

Gut wrench: 60x @ 11kg

CoC #2: 6 reps l.h., 6 reps r.h.

Hula hoop: 3 min.

CoC #1.5: 5 reps l.h., 5 closes r.h.

Gut wrench: 60x @ 11kg

Heavy 150: 30 sec. iso. l.h./r.h.

Hula hoop: 3 min.

1'' wrist roller: 3x @ 2.5kg

1'' wrist roller: flexion 3x @ 7.5kg

* * *


According to my records, the last time I really trained grip, was on November 28, 2011. At that time, I think I could only manage one good right-handed close on the CoC #3. So, from one angle, I've fallen behind in a bad way. In another sense, though, it's not like I was at an Olympian level before, so I can and will, God willing, catch up with and surpass myself this time around. Granted, a look at prior notes shows me that what I've really lost is not the power to close #2, but a solid mastery I had over the #1.5, managing 10 closes with both hands twice in one training session (back in October)!

Patience. Humility. Confidence. Progression.

P.S. One cool tidbit: I burst some capillaries in my left pinky and ring finger, as evidenced by the small, purple, and, alas, ephemeral contusions on the fingerprints of those fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment