Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gym regimen - February 2012

Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012
Even Keel CIRCUIT A
60 min., 96kg


Squat 9, 6, 6 @ 80kg, 90kg, 105kg
[Evinced some good gym-man grunts/groans on the last few reps.]

Pullup 12, 8, 8* @ bdw, bdw + 5kg, bdw + 10kg
[Rep 8 of set 3 was a negative.]

Bench press 9, 6, 3* @ 65kg, 80kg, 90kg
[Spot for last rep of set 3.]

Snatch DL 8, 6, 3 @ 85kg, 90kg, 105kg
[Big drop from last time, most likely due to a strained left erector spinae.]

Standing military press 9, 6, 3* @ 30kg, 45kg, 55kg
[A dash of body cheating on the last rep, but closed with a nice negative.]

Bench EZ curl 9, 6, 8 @ 24kg, 28kg, 38kg
[I've decided I will do accessory lifts –– i.e. moves ancillary to the Big Three –– closer to failure than according to a strict rep system. If I can do more on the press, I'll do more. More on the curl, more curls. Etc. This also ended with some nice grunts/groans for the audience.]

+ + +


I almost did not work out tonight, as I have been depressed for days about some family issues. But I'm glad I went. The endorphins did me well, and it's always nice to follow through with one's commitments. I think I'll be ready for the gym on Saturday, but I need to stay off the deadlift, I think, for at least a week. In lieu of it, I'll do some Supermans, hula hooping, bird dogs, incline/decline back bridges, etc.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment