Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weight!

Well, I just used my mom's "Withings" scale system and it indicates I'm only 210 lbs! That was on carpet, so I tried it on a tile floor and it showed 219 lbs. My mom said it's "adjusted for soft surfaces" (whatever that means), so I tried it again and got 210 lbs again.

This is extremely irritating. The scale at the gym says I'm over 220 lbs, so unless I'm wearing 10 lbs of clothing at the gym (!), I've got a loooong way to go to my goal of 242 lbs (110 kg).

This angers me more than I can express, not so much because I may be lighter than I thought--after all, a higher power-to-weight ratio is a good thing--, but mainly because, once again, "advanced technology" makes life more frustrating. I just want to know my weight, not my electrolyte balance, my BMI, fat ratio, my density on a hard vs. soft surface, etc. JUST MY WEIGHT! So now I'll have to go to Publix to weigh myself on their old-school scale. I plan to hit the gym later today, so hopefully I can test the gym scale with some plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment