Friday, January 14, 2011

Gym regimen - January 2011

SMR 3 of 18
FRIDAY, 50 mins
97.5kg, BMI 27

Warmup: Spin bike, calisthenics, stretching, squats

20-rep Squat: 20 @ 105kg

Dumbbell pullover: 20 @ 18kg

Pullups (alternate grip): 14, 12, 12
[Used kipping and negatives on the last rep or three of every set. Trusty ol' invisible spotter.]

Dips: 15, 12, 11
[Used kipping/negatives on last rep or two.]

Decline situps (with obliques): 26, 25, 24

Dumbbell pullover: 20 @ 18kg

+ + +

Well, I vaulted past 100kg and went for 105kg. The description in this article of how the 20 reps should feel didn't match my experience, so I realized I have been going too light on the squat. Plus, my quads haven't really been sore since I started SMR, so I knew I should dig deeper. Today, boys and girls, matched the article's description to a crucifying T! By 7 or 8 I did think, "Oh, this is a bad idea." By 10 I honestly wondered if I would be able to finish all 20 reps. My friend helped me keep count, as I thought rep 14 was 15. I think I didn't go totally atg on the 16th rep, but otherwise I did go into the hole, focused on breathing, elevating my chest, driving from the heels, and locking up my nether regions. Rep 20 was a true "deep dig" and it was awesome. My back felt totally blossomed and pumped. I really had to focus and will to finish the pullovers. Felt mildly stronger on the circuits. Next Monday is 107.5kg. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment