Monday, January 24, 2011

Gym regimen - January 2011

SMR 4a of 18
MONDAY: 45+ mins
98.5kg, BMI 27.5

Warmup: Spin bike, calisthenics, stretching, squats

20-rep Squat: 20 @ 107.5kg

Dumbbell pullover: 20 @ 18kg

Pullups (alternate grip): 14, 12, 10

Dips: 14, 12, 10

Decline situps (with obliques): 26, 24, 22

+ + +

I had a sloppy, busy weekend, due to the schedule shift I made last week and some substantial social commitments. I also have not been sleeping well, largely due to my cat being in heat and yowling late into the night. She's getting spayed tonight! My body was not really recharged so I decided to retread my steps on SMR by doing my 4th session at 107.5kg again today (hence, 4a) and my 5th session at 110kg again Wednesday (5a).

Today's workout really kicked my butt. I had an exertion headache after the squats and had to trudge through my three circuits. It helped that I was under the gun to get to work on time, so I didn't dally. I'll need a good night of sleep tonight and tomorrow and 110kg should not be too awful. 107.5kg was very grueling... but more manageable than before, so I suspect 110kg will feel the same. I have put on another kilogram or so.

I will not consider my 6th session of SMR to take place until Friday, when I get where I should have been last Friday, or at least last Saturday. It's been hard lately to keep my will really strong, partly due to having more free time, partly due to wanting to read more, partly due to the looming challenge of heavier and heavier squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment