Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gym regimen - January 2011

SMR 5a of 18
MONDAY: 45 mins
98.5kg, BMI 27.5

This afternoon… 

Warmup: Spin bike, calisthenics, stretching

Squat: 10, 10, 10 @ 70kg, 105kg, 110kg

Dumbbell pullover: 20 @ 18kg

Pullups (alternate grip): 16, 14, 14
[Kipping and negatives on last couple-three reps of last set or two.]

Dips: 14, 12, 12
[Used weighted assist for last couple reps of 2nd and 3rd sets.]

Salute and X-planking:
[Got these ideas from this article, "Situps are dead."]

Foot-raised crunches: 50

Tonight…

I went to a nearby park and played on the jungle gym for nearly an hour: Indian club movements, dips, abdominal planking, bear crawls, one-arm chain hoists, pullups (various gips), dumbbell lasso twists, calf raises on chain netting, etc. I love plyometrics and bodyweight exercises!

+ + +

An incomplete session wasn't satisfying enough, so I went to blow off some steam at the park. An odd thing is that lately my lower calves (esp. soleus) has been much sorer than my quads or hams, or any other muscle, really. Maybe I need to squat narrower? I've had a cold this week so I decided to go halfway with SMR today. 3 sets of 10 squats was a good challenge, but my body still needs to get over this cold and I'll be up for 112.5kg next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment