Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fitness notes…

I've been remarkably gloomy this week. Too much of a high, with my daughter Elina's birth (her first! [?]), then a low, with her quasi-ICU extended stay in the hospital, followed by the relocation of my wife and Elina to my in-laws' in northern Taiwan, so Betty can "babysit the month" (坐月子). So here I find myself, by myself, all of a sudden, for the first time in a year or more. It hasn't been baaaad, per se, just... sudden and emotionally disorienting. Kind of the opposite of waking up one morning next to a stranger in your bed. Or is it even your bed?

Anyway, while I didn't go to the gym tonight, and haven't gone all week, I finally got done with some serious puttering and did a workout at home just now. God willing, I get to see my adorable, but still strangely taciturn, one-week old daughter tomorrow night. Hooray!

* * *

Wedndesday, 21 March 2012
45 min., 96.5kg


Gut wrench -
Russian twist: 20/20 x 3 @ 10kg
Engine starter: 20/20 x 3 @ 10kg

Hula hoop: 2 min. x 3

Overhead squat: 20/20, 15/15, 20/20 @ 15kg
[I used the gut wrench for these, which made the bar uneven on the plate-loaded end (natch), so I did equal reps to balance each side.]

bb standing curl: 15/15 x 3 @ 15kg
[Ditto above.]

2" bb tricep press: 15 x 3 @ 18kg

5-spring flye: 20, 20, 15, 12

Ab wheel: 15, 14, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment