Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gym regimen - March 2012

Thursday, 8.3.12
~Even Keel 2 (B circuit)
50 min., 96kg


FSQ: 9, 6, 3, 8 @ 70kg, 80kg, 90kg, 70kg

IBP: 9, 6, 4*, 6 @ 70kg, 72.5kg, 80kg, 60kg

Pulldown: 9, 9, 9 @ 76kg, 87kg, 110kg

db IBP: 9, 9, 7, 7 @ 36kg, 40.5kg, 49.5kg, 45kg
[Almost got 8 reps on the 3rd and 4th sets, but just couldn't make it. Finished with a slow quasi-negative, so that's good.]

EZ bar bench curl: 9, 6, 6 @ 28kg, 35kg, 40kg

coda…
Underhand pulldown: 12 @ 100kg
[Did these not only to supplement some of the work my back would have gotten had I done DL, but also to give my biceps a little "bonus".]

* * *

I think the workout I did last Friday taxed my body so much that my immune system was vulnerable, and I did myself in that night by going to a bookstore… for an hour or two after my workout… in my sweaty clothes. As a result, I felt run down all weekend, and yesterday I took half the day off to recuperate from an encroaching throat infection and incipient fever. I was so frustrated by my inability to workout this week, that the night before last the two things I dreamt of, were dousing my nose in a nasal decongestant fluid and doing a barbell workout!

Happily, I've bounced back and I felt better today, but my workout this evening was merely a recovery workout. No PRs, no DL on top of the FSQ, just enough effort to feel good and get some of my mojo back.

I'll turn in early tonight and, who knows, maybe by Monday my daughter will be born!

No comments:

Post a Comment