Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fitness update -- March 2013

I've been under the weather the past week, so I haven't had anything worth reporting fitness-wise. I was outside too much last weekend whilst sweaty in the cool evenings, and daylight savings time threw me off. My left eyelid was twitching for nearly three days, as I was simply fatigued. To stand in for exercise, I mostly just did some yard work, took a couple walks, did a little speed bag, and rested. One nice thing about cutting weight, versus bulking up as I've been doing the past two or three years, is that getting sick helps you achieve your goal for once!

Since the diocesan Eucharistic Congress last weekend, I've been digging in deeper spiritually and reading St. Francis de Sales' Introduction to the Devout Life. I have tried to read the Introduction before, of course, but this time things lined up nicely enough that I felt the confession I made at the Congress satisfied St. Francis' counsel to make a general confession to begin the devout life as he guides the devotee in it. St. Francis is my patron saint, so, even though Bergoglio took the name Francis for the saint of Assisi, I think it's a win for all Catholic Francises! In fact, the Pope may have tipped my hand and I might name our son Francis!

Anyway, today was a quintessentially "spring in Florida" day, and I was able to sleep in at last (Saturday, hooray!), so I had the impetus to get back on track.

(Oh, and it turns out my scale at home was/is quite inaccurate, so I'm actually closer to 220 lbs. than to 210 lbs. But I can tell I've lost a few pounds this week.) 

16 March 2013
30 min., 215 lbs.
[I did three circuits of the below exercises, with about 30 seconds of rest between each exercise and 1 minute of rest between circuits.]

Wall ball (14 lbs. med ball) : 1 min. 

Med ball twist toss : 1 min. 

Med ball bucket toss : 1 min. 

Jump rope : 1 min. 

Double end bag : 1 min.

Heavy bag : 1 min.

Tire drag : run and then bear crawl x 2 
------------------------

"Cool down" - Speed bag : 3 min. x 3
[I hit bare-handed today, which turned out to be an improvement. I was wailing on the bag my third round! Hopefully I can do just as well tomorrow for my weekly video update.]

No comments:

Post a Comment