Monday, December 22, 2014

If you want to make God smile...

...tell Him what you know.

If you want to make God laugh, tell Him I went for a run.

I went for a run.

Saturday night I did 5 triplets of ab wheels interwoven with five sets of sledge hammer levers. I held a 10 lb sledge hammer about half a foot from the head and leveraged it up five times per side (towards and away from my head), twice per set. Good ache the next day.

Sunday night I jogged 2 miles in about 19 minutes. Amazing, right?

Monday night in the garage I warmed up and did two circuits of 2-minute exercises (from the double-end bag, to the heavy bag, to the jump rope), with 45 seconds of rest between each exercise. I ended with three sets of: 10 "sling V-ups" (like this but inverted in midair) followed by 250 hula hoop loops (yes!).

I've come into a fairly busy patch of work these days, but tomorrow I still think I shall "hit the gym". I will, however, replace back squats with front squats, supinated chinups with pronated wider-grip pullups, and will intersplice the final four exercises as I did last Friday. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment