Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grip training…

Since I shouldn't treat my grip training as "merely" ancillary to my strength training, I should keep records of my grip workouts.

Today (and last week I did virtually the same routine) I did some finger springs occasionally while doing speech training in the afternoon… and then took a walk in the evening between classes… in which I did the following (data apply to each hand, of course)…

Light (black) gripper: 100, 100

Medium red gripper: 20, 20

Heavy red gripper: 5, 5

Heavy red gripper: 1 overcrush/negative

Medium red gripper: 15, 15

Medium red gripper: 1 overcrush/negative

Once I can close the heavy red gripper 12–15 reps, I will add more rubber bands.
Last week I did follow this up with some wrist and palm training at home with my various devices, but it's late and I'm tired and I must teach early, so I will just go to bed.

I have decided to order a Captains of Crush #1.5 gripper. I have a feeling my heavy red gripper is close to a CoC #1, and if I order a #1 and find it's too easy, I'll have to train that much longer and then order a #2, perhaps even buying a #1.5 in the interim. Ordering a #1.5, if I find it too easy (ha!), I at least know I have good reason to get a #2.

I have been studying Latin like a demon, too! Hooray! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment