Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home workout…

The past few days I haven't hit the gym or even really worked out at home. Last week we had a four-day weekend (due to Tomb Sweeping Day), and I really made the most of taking it easy. I also hurt my hand the day before yesterday, so I haven't been in a mood to aggravate the wound (a small hole on my left palm from a slipped screwdriver).

Even so, going long enough without working out makes me edgy and, well, bored, so tonight, despite an earlier fancy just to lie down and sleep early, when I got home I bandaged my hand and went for what turned into a solid hour full-body workout. I have recently made some new "toys", including a mace and a pike/pry-bar turned barbell, and I tried them out with much delight tonight…

CIRCUIT:

T-bell swing: 20, 20 @ 15kg

KB squat press (per side): 10, 10 @ 10kg

Chest expander leg-arm "crunch" (underhand/overhand): 20/20, 20/20
[I held one end of the expander with my foot and the other with the same-side hand and held a curl while raising and lowering my leg.]

CIRCUIT:

KB curl (per arm): 10, 10 @ 10kg

Indian club tricep extension (with calf raise): 20, 20
[My new thick-grip wide DB, weighted with chains and a wet rag inside.]

Indian club front delt raise and tricep extension (per arm): 15, 15
[Same as above.]

One-hand goblet (DB) curl squat : 8

Hammer-grip DB curl/squat: 10 @ 10kg

T-bell swing: 20 @ 15kg

KB squat press (per side): 10 @ 10kg

KB core rotation squat (per side): 20 @ 10kg

CIRCUIT:

Mace chop/shovel (per side): 20, 20 @ 5kg

Mace squat press (per arm): 15, 15 @ 5kg

Wide T-bell bent-over row: 24, 25 @ 25kg, 27kg

Indian club tricep extension: 15 @ +2kg

Indian club front delt raise and tricep extension: 15 @ +2kg

Mace chop/shovel: 20, 20 @ 5kg

CIRCUIT:

Floor press: 20, 20, 20 @ 42kg

One-arm KB flye (per arm): 15 @ 10kg

DB pullover: 15, 15 @ 18kg

No comments:

Post a Comment