Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gym regimen - April 2011

Even-Keel Workout 1
50 mins, 96kg
[I guess summer is melting off my fat! Today was hot but I slogged through. Allegedly, according to my spotter on the bench, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I'm giving Creatine another try.]

WARMUP

CIRCUIT:

Pullup: 16, 15, 14
[Could have had better form on tail end of set 3. And then one day I'll be dead.]

Bench press: 8, 6, 5* @ 75kg, 82.5kg, 90kg
[Felt very solid on these. See additional workout notes below. My chest is coming along.]

Snatch deadlift: 8, 6, 5 @ 100kg, 110kg, 120kg
[A slightly narrower grip, just outside the rings in the knurling worked much better. Frankly, a wider grip brings the bar onto my "junk" at the finish.]

Military press: 10, 8, 6 @ 45kg, 55kg, 65kg
[I was actually taken aback at much more I am able to press nowadays. Ties into my improved bench press.]

Spider curl: 8 + 4, 8 + 3, 4 + 2 @ 35kg, 42.5kg, 47.5kg
[I love these!]

Front squat: 10, 6, 6 @ 70kg, 75kg, 80kg
[These felt much better: hands were placed well and I am sure my knees weren't drifted more than necessary. Dug deep on set 3, for damn sure! A Taiwanese guy walking in stopped to look at me and then smiled at me as I walked away from the rack. Flex some nuts!]

* * *

Post-work workout:

WARMUP

CIRCUIT:

Low lever row: 12, 10, 10 @ 80kg, 90kg, 100kg

Bench press: 10, 8, 10* @ 70kg, 77.5kg, 85kg
[Spotter helped me on last, maybe, 5, probably 4, reps of set 3. Where did that come from!? Game on.]

Spider curl: 8 + 4, 8 + 4, 3 + 3 @ 37.5kg, 41.5kg, 47.5kg

CIRCUIT:

Wrist roller: 6kg, 6kg, 5kg

Wrist curl: 12, 10, 14 @ 5kg, 10kg, 12.5kg

* * *

My grip training arsenal is nearly complete: Captains of Crush #1.5, and then a #2, in the mail in the next 1, to 6, weeks; Adjustable battery–jumper grippers; Wrist flexor bars; Wrist roller; Thick-grip barbell and dumbbell; Eagle catcher; Plates and dumbbells; Severe negative slider-post [kind of like this… but "simpler"… i.e. "ghettoer"];etc.

My body is responding very well to the new regimen: more rest, more intensity, more spontaneous mini-workouts. On my after-work workout I took off my button shirt and trained in my wifebeater… and must say, I looked bigger than last time, and I think I turned a few heads (not gay!). Patience, Humility, Confidence…. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment