Monday, June 20, 2011

Fitness notes…

Saturday, 18 June 2011

swimming: 40 mins: 1200m
[I "kanked" my knee Saturday morning, specifically the LCL, helping my gf move her scooter… which is to say I impatiently yanked in the direction she wanted to turn it and the 50-c.c. chassis chopped into my knee. I screamed, despite myself, and nearly stumbled. It was weak and sore the rest of the day, but I still went for a swim, though only freestyle didn't hurt it. It feels better now.]

Monday, 20 June 2011

swimming: 30 mins: 1000m
[My cardio is improving, but I still need to shed some gut fat. And I am "in my reletnless way" about improving my swimming technique (again once more). Shoulders never move, exhale underwater, touch buttocks on end of stroke, high elbows, rotate hips, forward fingers extend during inhalation, scissor-kick instead of foot-thrashing, etc.]

Grip training:

Warmup: gyro ball, flail
Heavy Grips 150: 10
[all closes, l.h. & r.h. {though the l.h. had to work!}]
COC #1.5: 10
[r.h. 9 closes? l.h. closes?]
CoC #2: 5
[ø closes… but withing a millimeter with the r.h.!]
CoC #1.5: hard negative
[~12 secs l.h., ~20 secs r.h.]

I did most of the left-hand crushes with the gripper inverted, which showed that that hand is not so far behind my right hand. So, all is well-ish. There was a distinctly more painful patch in my left hand, around the abductor pollicis longus area of the forearm. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment