Friday, June 17, 2011

Gym regimen - June 2011

This eczema in the crotch is becoming a real bore. I've got three different tubes of medicine for it, as well as some "Anti-Flamme" I apply now and then (with whisky, to dull the shrieking burn), and some Seba moisturzier and Seba soap. Frankly, I'm at a a loss. If I make it dry (with 痱子粉), I get bumps in the morning. If I make it wet (with etc.), I get a nagging rash. Tonight, I was so wound up, that I was crabby with my gf… until I did the following in my gym-room (in circuits, mind you):

chest expander flye 3-spring: 12
chest expander flye 4-spring: 12
chest expander flye 5-spring: 12
chest expander flye 7-spring: 6
[The c-e handles are latched under the stool legs as I lie on the stool.]

db rows: 12 @ 33kg
db rows: 12 @ 33kg
db rows: 12 @ 33kg
[Could have gone much, much heavier, but I need to invest in heavier plates, when the time comes.]

db tricep extension: 15 @ 11g (only first set)
2" db tricep extension: 12 @ 15kg (second set)
2" db tricep extension: 10 @ 15kg (third set)

tricep extension chest expander 3-string: 12
tricep extension chest expander 4-string: 12
tricep extension chest expander 5-string: 10

chest expander 3-string curl: 12 (only one set)
db curl: 10 @ 21kg
2" db curl: 9 @ 15kg

chest expander 9-spring: 15
chest expander 9-spring: 18
chest expander 9-spring: 20

neck harness raises: 15 @ 7kg
neck harness raises: 15 @ 7kg
neck harness raises: 15 @ 9kg

+ + +

In all this, I may have done a few more reps for my right arm on flexes and and few more reps for my left arm on extensions. But let the numbers stand.

The chest expander (c-e's) flyes were nice, but I need to keep tweaking the angle. I don't want to ovetax my shoulders on a chest exercise. Indeed, on the last set of tricep extensons with the c-e, I went from behind the back to in front of the chest, since I could tell the behind-the-back was ultimately more of (or just as much of) a trial for my shoulders as for my triceps.

It's uncanny to me that my left-arm curls are so much easier than my right-arm curls, yet my right-hand crushes "pwn" my left-hand crushes.

I finally found a way to make a neck harness, after many months of pondering: a mid-size dog chest harness put on my head with weights hooked below. Voilà. I also discovered later that a good way to use the harness is to latch it onto a doorknob and then do iso's in all four angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment