Thursday, June 2, 2011

Home workouts, making them faster…

Because swapping plates and pipes is too time-consuming for workouts in my room, I'll be switching to whatever is most efficient, namely, sticking to exercises that use the same equipment until the next moves need different equipment.

Even Keel 1

WARMUP

PULL Bent over row (wide T-bell or 2" bb):

PUSH 2" bb one-arm standing press:

PULL 2" db seated curl:

PUSH 2" bb BP:

PUSH Front squat (pike bar):

PULL Snatch DL (pike bar):

An interlude with the pike before I stick to moves with the 2" bb.

The above three exercises all use the 2" bb, so it's just a matter of adding and removing plates. Using a near-standard grip on the DL would allow me to use more weight, though I love the snatch DL. I may use my pike for that, since it's wider and can hold tons of weight. If so, though, I'd need to do the DL last.

Even Keel Workout 2

WARMUP

PULL Pullup:

PUSH Squat or Lunges:

PULL 2" bb curl or EZ bar curl:

PUSH Tricep extension:

PULL Stiff-leg DL:

PUSH db flye:

+++

Another way to think about it…

PIKE BAR:
Bent rows
DLs
Squats
Bench

DUMBBELLS & "KETTLEBAGS":
Curls
Presses
One-arm row
Tricep extensions

2" BARBELL:
Standing press
Curls
Tricep extensions
Bench press

No comments:

Post a Comment