Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fitness notes…

Thursday, 2011.6.23
Swim: 30mins: 1100m freestyle (50m/50m of breast/back)

+ + +

I focused on "being long" without overgliding and my spl (strokes per [50m] lap) went from 42–44 last time to 38–40 this time. I had trouble coordinating my exhalations under water before turning into a breath on every 3rd stroke. Doing as I normally do, though, felt more or less copacetic, so I think some of the problem is building up the respiratory stamina to make do with how much air I can reasonably and efficiently get each breath. Apropos, I felt a lot less tired this time, which suggests my aerobic capacity is improving, slowly but surely. I think the only way I'll be able to swim 2–3km is by going to the pool in the morning, or maybe Wednesday nights, when I get off work an hour earlier than most nights.

+ + +

Friday, 2011.6.24

And tonight, not long after getting home after viewing Terrence Malick's… highly ruminative… often touching… and long-awaited Tree of Life…, I did the following (or so) for grip:

Midi red gripper [WITHOUT RUBBER BANDS]: negative/overcrush @ ~30 secs
Midi red gripper ("): negative/overcrush @ ~15 secs
Heavy red gripper (") negative/overcrush @ ~30 secs
Heavy Grips 150: negative/overcrush @ ~15 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment