Friday, July 8, 2011

Fitness notes…

Thursday, 2011.7.7
Swimming:
35 min, 1200m (500m breast & turbine, 700m crawl)


Friday, 2011.7.8
[The following exercises were done around my grip training, since the first set was basically a warmup and I wanted to avoid having other sets drain my grip strength until I was finished with the crushers.]
45 min., 94kg

Crushing grip:
Warmup: gryo ball, flail, stretching

Heavy 150: 12 closes

CoC #1.5: 12 closes r.h., 12 reps l.h.
[only 8 closes l.h.]

CoC #2: 4 reps
[~2 closes r.h., ø closes l.h.]

CoC #1.5: overcrush 30 sec.

Heavy 150: overcrush 45 sec.
[l.h. slippage last ~10 sec.]

Gut wrench: 24, 24, 24, 24 @ 14kg

Drawing water: 12/12, 12/12, 12/12, 12/12 @ 14kg

Ab wheel: 15, 18, 21, 24

Neck harness tug: 30, 30, 35, 35
[all 4 vectors]

Rope skips: 120, 135, 75
[My shins/calves were killing me by the last set! Woe is I!]

+ + +

I will be taking it easy on my wrists, especially my left arm, for the next few days. The last few reps on some sets were really painful (the release, I mean). Some icing, stretching, muscle rub, etc. Next time I train, however, I will go for higher intensity and lower volume. To wit…

a little gyro ball,
10 reps with the Heavy 150,
6 reps with the #1.5,
and then at least 6 all-out efforts on closing and semi-closing the #2.
And then no overcrushing.

The session after that, however, will consist solely of overcrushing and negatives, to wit…

warmup with the Heavy 150,
overcrush the #1.5 close to a minute,
negative (forced close) with the #2,
and a final overcrush with the Heavy 150.

I guess I'm also going to have to lay off the jump rope for a while, and then maybe just do a set of 120 every couple days until my legs get used to it. Meanwhile I will keep swimming three times a week and going for jogs and power walks. I should get back into doing Hindu squats and Hindu pushups, but that's a passing note to self.

I love training my neck, though it is just a hobby exercise. I should mix in bridging like I used to do.

My bout of illness last week and a more conscientious diet has me around 94kg, maybe 95kg, so it's nice to be leaner and have more stamina. I've invested in a bottle of ω-3 fatty acid (fish oil pills) and was given a bag of yeast grains (with vitamin-B supplements), so I'm hoping I expect to feel more chipper in the next months. I've also gotten towards a nearly pescatarian diet and "go vegetarian" every Friday.

I bought a couple more 10lb plates tonight and now I've set up my two db's and my 2" db with a minimum weight (~20kg) which I can just add to without having to sling all the weights back and forth.

I'm looking to try a couple new restaurants tomorrow, Saturday, which is one of my busiest work days. I've been cleaning up my room(s), which is satisfying.

A great burden is lifting from my shoulders these days and a cloud of depression from May and June has left me. Onward! To become the man God knows I can be (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment