Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fitness notes...

Saturday, 2011.9.10
94kg, 20 min.

"Wing chun" band drills:
[The slings {see below} may be the best training equipment I have purchased, but my "wing chun band" is, without a doubt, the best piece of equipment I have ever found {on the ground during a rain storm, no less!}. It's just a ring of 2mm-thick rubber, about 2 inches wide, but it is pure gold in my athletic mind. I use it for simulated wing chun punching and blocking, wrist strengthening, calf extensions, grip/pinch training, neck training, etc. You name it. I carry it with me nearly all the time and do little drills on the fly, but last night I did a more concentrated session to count as part of my workout.]

Neck harness: 30, 40, 50 (all four vectors)

Ab wheel: 30, 30
[Less extended roll-outs but I liked doing higher reps.]

Sunday, 2011.9.11
94kg, 40 min.

Bokken drills:
[All drills done with stepping motions to and fro.]
Front chop: 24 reps x 3
Diagonal chop: 30  reps x 3
Side chop: 30 reps x 3

Mace drills:
Overhead swoop: 8/8 x 2
Shovel walk: 15/15 x 2
Chopping wood: 15/15 x 2
Overhead press: 8/8 x 2

Chest expander drills:
[Did these with my wife. What a great gal! She held one handle of a two-spring chest expander and I yanked away from her. Then I held my handle and she yanked, etc.]
Yank & hold: 30/30
Lateral yank: 30/30
Core twist: 30/30

Judo drills:
[I impressed even myself with these. I invented the "technology" on the spot. The loading slings I bought months ago are possibly the best training device I have ever invested in. I had the idea tonight to loop one end around the handle of a four-spring chest expander and loop the other end on a banister peg. Then I just did a lot of judo throws, pulls, etc. Good shit. The slack in the sling gives it a lifelike feel, while the tension of the expander gives it a battle feel.]

Flail drills: 30 sec. each way each hand x 3

+ + +

Interestingly, I have lost more weight. I'm now only 94kg! Time to get back in the gym? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment