Saturday, April 12, 2014

Fitness update...

Strongman training
30 min., 227 lbs.

Mace: 30 lbs. - 10 min.

kb: 35 lbs. - 10 min.

mb: 12 lbs. - 5 min.

Grip:
CoC #1.5 - 6, 6, 6 / 6, 6, 6 L/R
Eagle loop hangs - 10, 10, 10 sec. (4, 3, 3 fingers)

+ + + 

Felt out of shape, uncoordinated, slow. I miss strongman training like that. Gym time is going to have to give. I think I should just do Wendler's 5-3-1. It's "there", proven, not too time-consuming, and perfectly allows for other cross-training/skill-training days. Why reinvent the wheel? We'll see. I admit that last night, despite my brainstorming, I was feeling the addictive urge to hit the weights M-F next week. :)

Gotta get my grip strength back. I used to be able to close the CoC #2 about three times, but now I can't even get 10 closes on a #1.5 Pitiful.

I did discover that KB swings standing atop Ferdinand are much harder than on a firm surface!

I'm planning to make some DIY strongman tools (thick grip db's, farmer walk handles, etc.). Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment