Wednesday, January 28, 2015

HIT Basic - week 4 - Quickies, quality, and ... um, well, some other qu- word that eludes me...

Wednesday, 28 January 2015 
231 lbs, 10 min + 19 min. 
hydrated, confident, focused, curious though how a true HIT workout would have played (badly, I suspect)

[I set today as a Not To Failure (NTF) workout. Friday will be a true, all-out HIT workout. I learn something new every day with this entire method. For example, apparently, Arthur Jones himself--who trained like a beast--used a 3-3 cadence. That is what I tried tonight. As such, I want to err on the side of "heavy", and I feel that, unless I'm doing an explicitly "super slow" regimen, a 4-4, 3-1-3-1, etc. cadence forces me to go lighter than I could for MMF in the anaerobic window (6-10 reps). 

In other words, I like lifting/pushing/pulling heavy things, wot.

Let it be noted that, even though I did stopped short of HIT failure, I used heavier resistance, and will use the same basic numbers on Friday.] 

warmup: elliptical machine, stretching, bathroom, etc.

leg curl: 110 lbs. x 7

leg extension: 120 x 8

leg press: 250 x 7

seated calf raise: 180 x 11

Nautilus chest press: 210 x 8

Nautilus MP: 90 x 5

T-row: 125 x 6

pullover: N/A

cable curl: 80 x 10

Nautilus tricep extension: 70 x 8

farmer carry: 85/85 x 70 steps, 20 steps

No comments:

Post a Comment