Friday, January 23, 2015

HIT Basic - week 3 ... Sic et Non...

Friday, 23 January 2015 
15 + 37 min., 231 lbs. 

[Wow, I'm startled that I've put on at least five pounds in the past couple weeks. I've even cut a little fat. #yayHIT]

warmup: elliptical machine, BATHROOM, stretching, BATHROOM (pre-race shakes, right?)

leg curl: 100 lbs. x 14c

leg extension: 100 x 16c

leg press: 250 x 13e

db pullover: 90 x 10c
[First time I have ever truly "failed" on a pullover, hooray! Progress...]

Hammer press: 200 x 9c

T-row: 125 x 8c

db MP: 45 x 9e

bb curl: 80 x 8e*
[Slight cheat on seventh concentric, total body English on eighth, eccentric FAIL.]

bb tricep extension: 65 x 9e**
[Last two concentric phases were all body English for good negatives.]

farmer carry: 85 x 73 steps, [unintended but interesting chat break], 62 steps

calf raise: 240 x 13e

+ + +

Had some interesting exchanges tonight, about which I would like to make a brief video soon. The title "sic et non" refers to how this was (yes) a high-intensity workout in terms of exertion, but was not (no) in terms of some delays I allowed myself.

I did take a little more time between exercises compared to last workout.

HIT is awesome!

I am very tired tonight. That's nice. Not mentally tired, just, I can feel the exertion still smoldering in my muscles.

Next week I'll do a MWF regimen, but will not go to failure (i.e. will go lighter) on Wednesday.

I think I'll invest in some protein powder here sooner or later, but it's no rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment