Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fitness notes - August 2012

Friday, 17 August 2012
49'30", 100kg

Warm-up + Stretching - 16'

Upper body - 13'30"

Lower body - 11'30"

Aerboic - 8'30"
T-bell swings - 20, 20 @ 15kg 
FSQ - 20, 20 @ 23kg 
Medicine ball lunges - 20, 20 @ 5.4kg
Medicine ball high kicks - 20, 20 @ 5.4kg

--------
TOTAL - 49'30"

My time increased by about 4 minutes from last time, but again I lost some time on tweaking equipment in a small garage, and did a minute more of aerobic. 

+ + + + + 

Sunday, 19 August 2012
25 min., 100kg

Warm-up - resistance bands, stretching, hangs

Medicine ball toss-and-twist - 40 x 3 @ 5.4kg

Medicine ball overhead toss - 10, 10, 10/10 x 3 @ 5.4.kg

T-bell swings - 20 x 3 @ 15kg

Grip crushing - CoC #2 - 8, 8, 8
[Two closes l.h., Three closes r.h.]

+ + + 

I liked working my forearms by hanging from my dowel-sling set-up: the dowel rotates in the loops, thus a little like the "rolling thunder". Plus, it's a good stretch.

For the toss-and-twists, I tossed the medicine ball up and caught it off to one side, then the other, etc. Good core and hip work.

For the overhead toss, I tossed the medicine ball up and caught it with one hand ten times, then the other hand ten times, then from hand to hand twenty times.

My new approach with Captains of Crush is not to wear out my grip with a lot of pyramids. Rather, I'm going straight for the #2 most of the time. Also, instead of doing a lot of reps in a row for each hand, I alternate hands each rep, so I'm "fresh" for every attempt. 

First day of school tomorrow. Very early mornings for me from here on out. Feeling a bit skittish, but excited. Pre-game butterflies, you might say. I also really want to keep up my SEAL exercise regimen. I'm going to draw up a spreadsheet of my times so I can chart my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment