Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fitness and Gym regimen update – April 2013

Thursday I just slept early and rested. Earlier that day, though, like the idiot that I am, on a whim I agreed to arm wrestle a student who was in my room after school, having been displaced from his usual tutoring room. I have always sucked at arm wrestling and I know arm wrestling more about tricks and timing than actual strength. But I took the bait, anyway, and just like last time, I landed myself with strained tendons. It didn't help that this time, like last time, followed closely on a bench press workout. So I've had to tread lightly on upper-body exercises the past few days. I was a little audacious with my workout tonight (Sunday), but there's nothing like a mild injury to check your kettlebell form! Strangely enough, holding my daughter makes it hurt worse than the drills I did tonight. Must be the angle. 

Oh, and Thursday night I read a good article by Jan Dellinger about training with Vern Weaver, which has given me ideas to tweak my current 5x5 regimen into a 6x6 routine, about which I'll say more later. In brief, though: SQ (hack or rack), weighted dips or flyes, clean high pull or DL, PU––that's it! Stay tuned….

Friday, 26 April 2013 
20 min., 218 lbs.

[I took a nap when I got home but then went for the following workout at night.]


jogging - 13 min. 
jump rope - 3 min., 3 min. 



Saturday, 27 April 2013 
30 min. (?), 218 lbs.


jogging - 10 min.
walking - 15 min. 
REST
jogging - 9 min.
walking - 20 min. 



Sunday, 28 April 2013
25 min., 219 lbs.

double end bag - 2 min.
kb drills - 2 min.
[swings, high pull swings, clean swings]
medicine ball - 2 min.
[wall ball, swing-toss, hop-catch]
jump rope - 2 min.
[250 skips]
REST - 2 min.
REPEAT

No comments:

Post a Comment