Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fitness update - 7 May 2014

Wednesday, 7 May 2014 
45 min., 221 lb
MOOD: Felt tired, lifted tired. How you feel is usually a lie. Had a Cytomax. Kind of a random workout, but I got it done

warm-up: movements, stretching

SQ: 8, 5, 3, 3 @ 235, 285, 305, 325 lb

plate pinching:
25 lb x 40 sec.
35 lb x 20 sec.
50 lb x a few seconds
[John Brookfield is right. Plate pinching is a radical grip challenge. I managed to get to 25-lb plates off the ground for a few seconds for each hand a couple times, but then I just stuck a little 2.5-lb plate in the hollow of the plate weights listed above, to give my fingers a challenge harder than simply holding the lip of the plate, but easier than a true two-plate pinch.]

towel hang (L-over-R, R-over-L):
15 sec., 15 sec. x 3

db pinch: 60 lb x 15, 20, 17 sec.
[I haven't seen these before, but I'm sure I didn't invent them. I simply grabbed the dumbbells by the plate stack until my grip gave out. You might call them horizontal plate pinches.]

farmer carry: 90 lb x 25, 25, 25 sec.

+ + +  

I'm headed off to a good night of sleep and then I hope to do a Shurg Rush tomorrow. Will probably throw in some Zercher or hack squats, given my masochistic nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment