Monday, November 1, 2010

Gym regimen - November 2010

A1: Quads and Biceps (MONDAY): 50 mins
92kg, BMI 26.5

Warmup: Ski machine, stretching, lunges, leg extensions

Leg extension: 15, 12, 9 @ 40kg, 50kg, 55kg

Walking lunges: 16, 12, 12 @ 15kg, 20kg, 25kg
[These are nice because they are isolateral. I just held a plate on my torso and did lunges across the room and back.]

Squat: 12, 9, 7, 10 @ 85kg, 95kg, 105kg, 70kg
[Was feeling a bit fatigued after my cold this weekend and need to break back into things after three days off. Good form tonight. Technically heavier than last workout, set by set. I'll go for 100kg maybe next week.]

EZ Barbell curl: 10, 8, 6 @ 35kg, 45kg, 50kg

Incline dumbbell curl: 10, 8, 6 @ 14kg, 18kg, 20kg
[Felt stronger on these than last week. Good pump!]

Hammer barbell curl: 10, 8, 6 @ 35kg, 40kg, 45kg

Cooldown:
Plate curl: 15, 15 @ 15kg, 20kg
[Hands at "9 and 3 o'clock" for 5 reps, then at "10 and 2 o'clock" for 5 reps, and finally at "12 o'clock" for 5 reps.]

+++

I mentioned to a friend of mine last week that in the four months that I've been at Central Power, I have a recollection of seeing maybe only three other guys do squats. Not tooting my own horn, but it seems increasingly clear to me that the squat is a line in the sand––and most people are happy to stay on "that side" of it. I actually didn't dread the squat tonight. I relished the anticipation! I think going heavier on the leg extensions and trying lunges for the first to "pre-exhaust" my quads did take something out of me for the squat. Then again, 110kg last week was very ambitious and I am happy with small but steady incremental gains.

Biceps felt good. My long heads felt ready to snap off on H-bar curls tonight!

Getting there, folks, getting there. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment