Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Back under the bar!

For the past several weeks, I've been immersed in my main blog, but I have been keeping fit. I will not even attempt to catch up on exactly what I did when, so let me just provide a brief sketch. Every couple days, I did routines anywhere from 15-40 minutes based on the following exercises:

tire flips
tire tennis
tire-sledge hits
medicine ball slams
jump rope
box jumps
high-knee jumps
tire jump-outs
tire stair-climbers
jogging
KB swings
boxing
lasso swings
KB tossing
pullups
dips
L-sits
planking
etc.

Around Christmastime, though, I was finally inspired to get back in the gym. I have missed THE EVIL SQUAT for too long. Being able to DEADLIFT is also wonderful.

My goal is get my muscle used to weightlifting again over the next two weeks, and then complete Dan John's six-week Mass Made Simple program from late-January until mid-March. I weigh 210-215 lbs. now, and I expect to be 220 lbs. when I start bulking in earnest. I want to be at least 230 by mid-March, and woudn't be surprised if I hit 240, which would be a new personal "record".

For now, I'm doing a variation of my Even Keel routine (you can find the basic structure of it here, infra, in orange and purple). I'm now doing a 5(reps)x5(sets) schema, and I have decided not to crash in by going too heavy at first. I'm old enough by now to know that true gains will come in their own time. There's no need to...



Saturday, 4 Jan 2014 
40 min, 212 lbs. 
Quasi Even Keel A

Warm-up
-
SQ : 185 lbs @ 5x5 
Lying T-row : 95 lbs @ 5x5
SDL : 185 lbs @ 5x5
db flye : 45 lbs @ 6x5
db pullover : 65 lbs @ 8x3

Sunday, 6 Jan 2014 
20 min, 213 lbs

tire-sledge hits (8 lbs) x 25 
jump rope 150 skips 
TWICE
heavy bag 2 min
jump rope 150 skips
TWICE
3 Ferdi flips 

Tuesday, 7 Jan 2014 
45 min, 214 lbs 
Quasi Even Keel B

Warm-up
-
DL : 225 lbs @ 5x5 
Dips : bdw @ 6x5
FSQ : 155 lbs @ 5x5
chinups : bdw @ 5x5 
db pullover-press : 60 lbs @ 8x3
standing calf raises (using shurg machine) : 270 lbs @ 10x3  

No comments:

Post a Comment