Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gym regimen - 8 January 2014 - Quasi Even Keel C

Based on a perusal of Perryman's book, Squat Every Day, and a couple related articles, I rustled myself up and went for another workout tonight. I am not going to pursue Perryman's method (or "the Bulgarian method" on which it is largely based), for a number of reasons. I'm still just getting back into the swing of things, I haven't mastered the conventional Olympic lifts, and because I simply do not get enough sleep. That's my Achilles heel. Babies, writing, cleaning, praying... I let sleep get the short end of the stick. I'll be trying to work on that, though.

As for tonight...

8 Jan 2014 
45 min, 214 lbs
Even Keel C (i.e. a tweaked version of my Even Keel routine)

Warm-up
-
SQ : 190 lbs @ 5x5 
Bent row : 135 lbs @ 6x5 
bb press : 105 lbs @ 5x5 
calf shrugs : 270 @ 8x5 
Decline db press : 60 lbs @ 5x5 

I kept a very tight posterior chain and traps for the squat, and they felt wonderful. I knew I could have gone heavier, but... in time. It felt great to get back in the gym, and knowing me, I'll go again tomorrow night... unless CURSED LAUNDRY traps me!

No comments:

Post a Comment