Sunday, March 30, 2014

AYCE notes...

[The following is a projected workout scheme for tomorrow (Monday). I'll update it with my actual results when I get home tomorrow.] 

Monday, 1 April 2014
All You Can Eat (AYCE) Heavy
min,  lbs
Warm-up (10 min.) - 
-
i) DBP: 260 x 1, 255 x 1, 250 x 1, 245 x ?
-
ii) FSQ: 265 x 1, 260 x 1, 255 x 1, 245 x ?
-
iii) Dip:
iv) Pull-up:
P.S. Taking the weekend off meant that I did a lot of yard work, and messed around with a BOB I got from a relative (including gloves and sand!).

P.S.S. Here's a practical review of a similar product. And here's a few practical tips on usage from the say reviewer.

For my money the best combo is 1) placating hands up high ("whoa, whoa, let's just go easy"), 2) face rake, 3) palm strike to the face, 4) either hand blade to the neck or hammer fist to the face, and then 5) a shin scrape and either knees or front kicks to the torso to finish things off. That's basically Drossos's tips 4 and 5.

One of the best techniques I ever learned was from a former Secret Service agent: keep your hands up high, with your elbows almost at shoulder-level, and your dominant foot back. This allows you to ward off all head strikes, block torso strikes and kicks simply by tucking your waist to bring your elbows down, and keeps your fists primed to deliver hammer blows, palm strikes, and hand blades, as well as giving you leverage for any kicks or knees you want. Truth is, while I've had a few confrontations and did well in my one season of wrestling, I've been in "a real fight." It's not something I want. I abhor violence. At the same time, though, I want to be prepared if the need should arise. So... elbows up, mates!

Meanwhile, these are also good tips from a guy who actually knows what he's talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment