Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fitness & grip training notes...

Thursday, 21 June 2012
45–50 mins., 99kg

Grip training - 

Warmup: Flail, gyro ball, stretching, etc.

Hula hoop: 2 min. X 4 (between crusher sets)

Heavy 150: 7 closes

CoC #1.5: 4 closes

CoC #2: 6 reps (no closes)
[But damn close, and nearly equally on both hands, to boot! I didn't use chalk until this, third, set and the forced closes. Going chalk-free is a psychological boost. I think I might get the #2 closed next time with my right hand. As I say, though, I was pleased to see that my left hand did nearly as well (or as poorly?) as my right hand. I'm all for balance. I think the exertion involved with the #2 and the forced closes, combined with the handstands, has given me a headache. Well.]

CoC #2: forced close - 20 sec.

CoC #1.5: forced close - 30 sec.

Ab/core training -

Handstand: 3 cycles + leg motions (~2 min.)

Cross-crunches: 40 X 3

Leg lifts: 30 X 3

Rowing crunches: 40 X 3

+ + + 

Last night I did several failed attempts at the salamba sursasana, then about three headstands, then a couple sets of crossover crunches and leg lifts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment