Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fitness notes & grip training…

Tuesday, 26 June 2012
45 min., 99kg


Warmup: Stretching, flail, gyro ball

Headstands + motions: 2 min. X 3 

Hula hoop: 2 min. X 3

Grip crushing:
Heavy 150: 6 closes
CoC #1.5: 4 closes
CoC #2: 6 reps
CoC #1.5: 8 closes
Heavy 150: 16 closes
[Again, both my left and right hand were very close to closing the #2, but that "critical gap" persisted to defy me. In fact, strangely, my left almost seemed to feel stronger than my right hand by the 6th rep. Yet my right hand was clearly stronger in terms of stamina on my two, final "ramp-down" sets. This reminds me of a difference about long-fiber, slow-twitch muscle tissue I recently read about in a good article, "Why Bodybuilders Are More Jacked than Powerlifters". The key point is how, while Fred "Dr. Squat" Hatfield roundly defeated Tom "Big Wheels" Platz in a 1RM, Platz "dusted" Hatfield in a high volume competition. So it seems my left hand is catching up in sheer quasi-1RM power, though it definitely still lags behind my right hand in stamina. I decided not to do any forced closes this time, since past experience has taught me that doing them too regularly leads to tendon strain, which sets my progress back for unneeded recovery.]

Jump rope: 5 min. (w/ small breaks every 150 skips or so)

No comments:

Post a Comment