Monday, June 18, 2012

Gym regimen - June 2012

Monday, 18 June 2012
Even Keel (B) 
100 min., 99kg 

This workout took longer than I like because the gym was more crowded than usual at 8pm. So I had to let the squat rats and partial-range-of-motion meatheads (PROMOmeats) dissipate before I could get down to bidness. Plus, at various times I had to observe my buddy's form on some lifts, which was cool, because at least he's improving. As for my bodyweight, I remain under 100kg, but am certainly getting stronger (cf. FSQ, IBP, DL, db BP, and cable curl compared to last time for the most salient gains).

+ + + 
Warmup: exercise bike, stretching, motions, waiting, etc.

Circuit 1

FSQ: 9, 6, 3 @ 70kg, 82.5kg, 95kg

IBP: 9, 6, 3*/2* @ 70kg, 80kg, 90kg/80kg
[My buddy gave me a manly spot on the 3rd rep of the 3rd set, then peeled off 10kg for me to do an already drained and spotted 2 reps at 80kg. 好fu!]

DL: 9, 6, 5 @ 110kg, 125kg, 140kg
[CHALK! Chalk made so much of a difference! I really broke through on my 3rd set, without those debilitating grip problems, thanks to chalk. Still, I really need to figure out the hook grip again. Weird muscle amnesia.]

Circuit 2

Seated pulldown: 9, 6, 6 @ 50kg, 51kg, 52kg
[Felt surprisingly drained on these––thanks to the evil deadlift! :) ]

db BP: 12, 12, 12, 12* @ 45kg, 50kg, 50kg, 50kg
[I've got to keep giving my pecs special attention. It wasn't until the last rep of the (spontaneously extra) last set that I truly needed a spot. Thanks, Justin!]
 
supine cable curl: 50kg, 54.5kg, 59kg
[Used a "powerflex" plate (?). Good times. Body English on some of these reps is actually part of the pump: getting that handle all the way to the forehead and releasing slowly. Long head (close-grip) focus FTW.]

No comments:

Post a Comment