Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Grip training & misc.…

Tuesday, 12 June 2012
50 min., 100kg

Warmup: gyro ball, stretching, etc.

Heavy 150: 6 closes both hands

CoC #1.5: 3 closes both hands 

CoC #2: 3, 3 NO CLOSES
[I wasn't surprised or discouraged by this lackluster performance. I've been giving my forearms a lot of regular challenges lately, with the gyro ball, flail, handstands, deadlifts, etc. So I believe I'm in a "congealing" period between plateaux. My palm and finger strength has gotten stronger, now I just need to be better about doing two good crusher sessions per week.]

CoC #2 - forced close/hold: 10–15 sec.

CoC #1.5 - forced close/hold: 20 sec.

* * *

Hula hoop: 3 min., 3 min., 3 min., 3 min.
[I added some side-to-side steps, which felt even more aerobic.]

Neck bridge + upward bow (i.e. the chakrāsana or ūrdhvadhanurāsanam): 1 min., 2:30 min.
[I would have gone longer on the first cycle but too little padding made it quite uncomfortable on my forehead. I had fun on the second cycle, throwing in one-leg extensions in the upward bow (i.e. the Eka Pada Urdhva Dhanurāsana). I tried it from the neck bridge position, but I'm not "there" yet.]

Tripod headstand + bent-arm crow pose: 3 cycles
[By cycle I mean a complete motion through set-up and return to the crow pose.]

Salamba sirsasana: several unsuccessful attempts, one successful with my wife stabilizing my ankles

No comments:

Post a Comment