Monday, June 18, 2012

Fitness notes...

Saturday, 16 June 2012
30-40 mins., 99kg


Tripod headstand: 1 min. + motions X 3 (cycles)
[I did this just so I could get a workout in before the looming, ominous "all you can ate buffet" to which we treated my in-laws.]

Supine leg lifts: 15/15/10, 15/15/10


Pinches: Sleeping mat (Overhand, Finger-palm, Thumb-fingers) X 3
[I used a quasi-tatami mat, common in Taiwan. I pinched it overhand till failure (which was mere seconds usually, due to the give of the fabric and the sheer ungainliness of the thing), then along one of its seams like hoisting a sack without using your thumbs, then the same thing but with the emphasis on my index and bird-finger and thumb. Nice improv challenge, good for the brachioradialis. Easily quantifiable by time.]

Walking (+ 3-brick block pinching): 30 mins. (10 mins.)
[Later that night, once the buffet had had its way with us, I was sent on an errand, so I decided to walk and complete a lesson on Pimsleur Spanish II. This made for a 30-minute walk, around the midpoint of which I found a block, made of three bricks, on the sidewalk. So I commenced with pinch-grip farmer-walks, in each hand until failure until I got back home. Another cool improv challenge. The stone may have weighed 10kg.]

No comments:

Post a Comment