Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Active recovery…

My active recovery these days is a mix from any of the following:

  • grip training (plate pinches, flail, gyro ball, crushers, etc.),
  • conditioning (jump rope, Hindu squats & pushups, burpees, tumbling, dueling ropes, lassoing, etc.),
  • core work (hula hoop, planking, leg raises, ab wheel, etc.),
  • headstanding,
  • [I really ought to add some jogging, stairs, and swimming into my program.] 

Apropos the last, I'm getting better at it and my goal is to become skilled at handstands and handwalking, or "the lost art of hand balancing". I've gotten much better at working my legs and core in a headstand tripod (i.e. raising up and lowering down slowly, holding front- and side-splits, cycling, etc.). As such, my next goals are i) training to hold the tripod for time (even 30 seconds would be nice), and ii) doing the sirsasana. I held it once for a few seconds last night, but mostly it was just good practice for tumbling. Heh.

Last night I also did four sets of the gyro ball, the flail, hula hoop, and supine leg raises. Felt good. In the last week I've shed some fat, and dipped back under 100kg, but I can tell I've put on muscle in its place. Patience, Humility, Condfidence. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment